We Are Committed To Fighting For Your Safety & Your Rights
Blue Springs Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Representing Victims of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Nursing home abuse occurs any time residents are mistreated by staff, or when facilities fail to provide an acceptable standard of care. This can lead to severe injuries, serious infections, and even life-threatening medical conditions.
If you or someone you love suffered due to nursing home abuse, you do not have to face the consequences on your own. At the Law Office of Tom Wagstaff Jr., our Blue Springs nursing home abuse attorneys represent elderly individuals and their family members in lawsuits against individual caregivers and long-term care facilities. Led by founding attorney, Tom Wagstaff, our team has more than 25 years of experience and a long, proven track record of success.
Understanding Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse is a broad term used to refer to all types of mistreatment in nursing homes and similar assisted living facilities.
The different types of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical Abuse: Physical nursing home abuse includes pushing, shoving, hitting, slapping, pinching, forcefully grabbing, and punching residents.
- Neglect: Nursing home neglect includes failing to provide adequate food, shelter, medical care, hygiene, safety, and other basic needs for residents.
- Mental/Emotional Abuse: This includes yelling at, belittling, ridiculing, threatening, isolating, manipulating, intimidating, and harassing nursing home residents.
- Sexual Abuse: Sexual abuse includes any unwanted or nonconsensual sexual acts, such as groping, exposing oneself, and rape or attempted rape.
- Financial Exploitation: Financial exploitation includes stealing or misusing a resident’s money or property, as well as attempts to steal or misuses a resident’s money or property.
All forms of nursing home abuse can cause serious harm to elderly individuals, as well as their family members and loved ones. At the Law Office of Tom Wagstaff Jr., we believe that nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and other assisted living homes should be held legally responsible when they allow abuse and neglect to occur on their premises.
Get Started with a Free Initial Consultation Today
Take the first step in the recovery process—call our Blue Springs nursing home abuse attorneys today to learn how we can help you with your claim. We offer initial consultations at absolutely no cost, and we do not collect any legal fees unless/until we recover compensation for you.
What to Do If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse
If you have an elderly family member or loved one living in a nursing home, it is important that you know the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect so that you can take immediate action at the first indication that something is wrong.
If you notice unexplained injuries, changes in your loved one’s mood or behavior, or other signs of nursing home abuse, and you believe your loved one may be in immediate danger, call 911. Once you have ensured your loved one’s safety, you should alert the proper authorities.
In Jackson County, Missouri, you can report known or suspected nursing home abuse by:
- Calling the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-392-0210
- Contacting the state’s Adult Protective Services office
- Alerting the Missouri Long-Term Care Ombudsman office
You can also report suspected abuse by a certain staff member or caregiver to the nursing home administration, or you can alert local law enforcement.
Why Hire a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney?
If you or someone you love has been the victim of nursing home abuse, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your resulting medical expenses, financial losses, pain and suffering, and related damages. However, the legal process can be extremely complex, time-consuming, and confusing. You need an attorney by your side who can not only guide you through this process but also protect your rights every step of the way.
At the Law Office of Tom Wagstaff Jr., we have the resources, experience, and skills to fight for you and your family. Our team can handle all of the legal aspects of your claim—from gathering evidence and working with expert witnesses to communicating and negotiating with opposing counsel—so that you can focus on healing. You can trust our firm to fight tirelessly for you and the justice you deserve.
$1 Million Nursing Home Fall
$1.5 Million Nursing Home Fall
$1.5 Million Nursing Home Sexual Abuse