Business & Commercial Litigation in Kansas City
Where Knowledge Meets Experience
We realize that businesses need an experienced and trusted advisor when navigating the emotional hazards of litigation. It is important for any business to pick the correct legal battles and to understand the timeliness of compromise. We appreciate these tenants. As a result, we work to reach a cost-efficient, practical solution for our clients with sound, timely, advice and flexible fee structures.
Tom has successfully represented clients at trial and across the country in matters ranging from business separation disputes, the enforceability of equity transfer agreements, the applicability of franchisee agreements, the enforcement of certain intellectual property, and the litigation of product subrogation rights.
The Law Office of Tom Wagstaff, Jr can provide legal representation for:
- Contract Disputes
- Tortious Interference Claims
- Covenants Not to Compete
- General Business Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Subrogation Rights
- Purchase and Sale Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disagreements
- Business Separation Disputes
Examples of Alternative Fee Structures:
- Hourly Fee: You will be billed in tenths of an hour for time spent on your case.
- Contingency Fee: If money is recovered on your behalf, we receive a predetermined percentage of the recovery.
- Reverse Contingency Fee: A fee that is a percentage of the difference between the amount originally demanded by the adverse party and the amount that you ultimately paid, whether by settlement or judgment.
- Mixed Hourly and Contingency Fee: We will bill you at a reduced hourly rate and if a recovery is obtained on your behalf, we will receive a predetermined percentage that is a reduced rate from the typical contingency fee.
- Fixed Fee: We agree at the start of the representation on a fixed, lump sum fee.
To learn how the Law Office of Tom Wagstaff, Jr. can help your business, contact us at (816) 708-0524.
Our Commitment To The Client
- Individual Attention
- Flexible Fee Structures